National Association of Home Builders Code of Ethics
Members of the National Association of Home Builders believe and affirm that:
- Home ownership can and should be within the reach of every American family.
- American homes should be built under the American free enterprise system.
- American homes shuld be will-designed, well-constructed, and well-located in attractive communities, with educational, recreational, religious, and shopping facilities accessible to all
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customer, our community, and our country.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy.
- High standards of health, safety, and sanitation shall be built into every home.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building technology, new building equipment and improved methods of home financing, to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
- All sound legistative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
- We hold to the integrity of the free enterprise system and the American way of life. We pledge our support to our associates, our local, state, and national association, and all the related industries concerned with preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
- We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful they are part of our obligation as members of the National Association of Home Builders.